Ministerial Meanderings

God centered theology in a man centered world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Springfield, Missouri, United States

I was born in Washington D.C. and raised in Laurel, Maryland. I served in the United States Air Force for 20 years then retired. Then God led me to become a pastor. I was converted to Christ in the summer of 1966. I enjoy the company of my wife, children and grandchildren. I live with my three cats Taz.

Monday, June 28, 2010

A Calvinist is ....

a person who is utterly dependent on God and knows it. In the end of all the debates it boils down to these two things ... man's utter helplessness to please God in and of himself AND man's dependence on God to do for himself what he cannot do for himself. Salvation is not God and man working together. It is God revealing to man what He has done for him and man believing it in such a way that it changes his life. Ultimately, it is all about God. Soli Deo Gloria! To God alone be the glory!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home