Ministerial Meanderings

God centered theology in a man centered world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Springfield, Missouri, United States

I was born in Washington D.C. and raised in Laurel, Maryland. I served in the United States Air Force for 20 years then retired. Then God led me to become a pastor. I was converted to Christ in the summer of 1966. I enjoy the company of my wife, children and grandchildren. I live with my three cats Taz.

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Still Learning

I mentioned in the my last post that I have been accepted into the PhD program at Whitefield Theological Seminary in Christian Education. http://www.whitefield.edu/ The amount of work required is staggering. It has been a few years since I have been in school and I am having to re-learn how to write again. Writing for a grade I mean. Also, even though I am working on a PhD I am listening to lectures from people who are, without question, smarter than I am. I have a lot to learn.

Lighthouse Baptist Church is doing well. Last Sunday we baptized three people. There is so much to do and so much to teach. I have been involved in ministry now for over 18 years and I still feel like a novice sometimes. Indeed, I have a lot to learn.

Last week, I spent the day in my doctor's office being given a glucose test. This past Tuesday I found out I am diabetic. Today, I stuck myself with a needle for the first time in my life. If you know me, you know what a coward I am when it comes to getting shots. I have a book to read describing the lifestyle changes I will have to go through. I have classes to attend and new medications to deal with.

I joke with my wife that I am a life long student. I love school, being in school, studying, ... it is something I am really good at. The Lord teaches me that no matter how old I get, I really am a life long learner. Some days I think I am an "old dog" but God humbles me and shows me I am just a "pup" after all. Till my next post, here I am ... still learning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home