Ministerial Meanderings

God centered theology in a man centered world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Springfield, Missouri, United States

I was born in Washington D.C. and raised in Laurel, Maryland. I served in the United States Air Force for 20 years then retired. Then God led me to become a pastor. I was converted to Christ in the summer of 1966. I enjoy the company of my wife, children and grandchildren. I live with my three cats Taz.

Thursday, May 21, 2009

My Christian Rights

I have seen this quote in a couple of different places. But I am not sure who was the one who first said it. And this may be more of a paraphrase than a true quote but it will get the original point across.

"My Christian rights are to be treated exactly and precisely as the world treated my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ ... and nothing else." - Unknown

It makes you think, doesn't it?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reminds me of a saying i have heard for just about as long as i can remember....."We (christians) aren't supposed to be doormats, we have RIGHTS!"
That has always bothered me. Exactly what "right" does a slave have? The answer is "to serve and obey his Master". Doesn't Scripture tell us that if we desire to live Godly we will suffer persecution, and that if we do not forsake ALL we CANNOT be His disciple....so again i ask....what rights?

Mark

3:47 PM  
Anonymous Honestseeker89 said...

Amen Pastor John, you are right, it does get you thinking! I'm so easy to get offended, I need to remember this.

Andy

6:17 PM  
Anonymous Tim_micer said...

Pastor John,
The only people who demand their rights, are those who feel deprived of them. Interesting that a "Christian" would demand THEIR rights.

Tim

4:48 PM  
Blogger Dr. Paul W. Foltz said...

ladiocea= rights of the people.
As Christians we belong to Christ, we are at His disposal.

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home