Ministerial Meanderings

God centered theology in a man centered world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Springfield, Missouri, United States

I was born in Washington D.C. and raised in Laurel, Maryland. I served in the United States Air Force for 20 years then retired. Then God led me to become a pastor. I was converted to Christ in the summer of 1966. I enjoy the company of my wife, children and grandchildren. I live with my three cats Taz.

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

No Wonder

I was going to let this pass, but I can't. I have to make some comment.

Is it any wonder that Evangelicals have lost credibility in the world? I read where Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary (SWBTS) is going to begin to offer a degree (yes, an accredited degree) in Christian Homemaking.

Now I am a big believer in education. Education is power. It dispels ignorance. It sheds the light of knowledge on the things of our world. I believe everybody ought to have as much education as they can get. But this is .... well .... just silly.

I am reluctant to criticize those who have more education than I do, especially within the realms of their expertise. But this is one thing that just leaves you scratching your head like you do when you see something, and you are sure of what you saw, but you just can't believe you saw what you saw. You know what I mean?

Well, mark this one down ... Southern Baptists did it first.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cally said...

I had not heard this one, but am only surprised that it wasn't offered at Southern Seminary or New Orleans Seminary first. It goes right along with their women's ministry tracks which poses for theological education. I wonder what you have to cook properly for the final exam.

7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home