Ministerial Meanderings

God centered theology in a man centered world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Springfield, Missouri, United States

I was born in Washington D.C. and raised in Laurel, Maryland. I served in the United States Air Force for 20 years then retired. Then God led me to become a pastor. I was converted to Christ in the summer of 1966. I enjoy the company of my wife, children and grandchildren. I live with my three cats Taz.

Monday, October 23, 2006

A Day of Fasting and Prayer

Songwriter, preacher and Christian statesman Steve Camp is calling on Christians to set aside October 31st as a day of fasting and prayer for reformation, repentence and revival among the churches of the Lord. October 31st is well remembered, not as Halloween, but as the day in 1517 that Martin Luther nailed his 95 Thesises on the church door in Wittenburg, effectively beginning the Protestant Reformation. It is a good day to choose for an undertaking such as that proposed by Brother Camp.

Author Brian Edwards, in his book Revival! defines revival as a people saturated with God. I have always been moved by that definition. I add my voice to others who encourage all who read these words to set time aside on October 31st for fasting and prayer. May God hear our prayers so that we can once again be "a people saturated with God." Amen?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home