Ministerial Meanderings

God centered theology in a man centered world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Springfield, Missouri, United States

I was born in Washington D.C. and raised in Laurel, Maryland. I served in the United States Air Force for 20 years then retired. Then God led me to become a pastor. I was converted to Christ in the summer of 1966. I enjoy the company of my wife, children and grandchildren. I live with my three cats Taz.

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Mixed Emotions

I was home for lunch today and got a phone call from my son Stephen. He was in Fargo, North Dakota where he took the oath of enlistment into the United States Army. His reporting date is January 6th, 2010. Wow.

He will serve three years on active duty then transfer into the Army National Guard.

Pray for Stephen and for all of our servicemen and women. May God keep them all safe until their end of service.

Amen.

3 Comments:

Anonymous James said...

I am praying for him, and although he doesn't know me, please tell him I said thanks for his service.

James

1:56 AM  
Anonymous James said...

I am praying for him. Please tell him I said thanks for his service.

1:58 AM  
Blogger Baptist Girl said...

John,
I will hold you all up in prayer and pray that the Lord will protect him and all that serve your country and ours. I would also have mixed feeling if it were our son Matt. The one thing you and your wife can have comfort in as we do also is he is a child of God and it is the will of God.

Cristina

5:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home