Ministerial Meanderings

God centered theology in a man centered world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Springfield, Missouri, United States

I was born in Washington D.C. and raised in Laurel, Maryland. I served in the United States Air Force for 20 years then retired. Then God led me to become a pastor. I was converted to Christ in the summer of 1966. I enjoy the company of my wife, children and grandchildren. I live with my three cats Taz.

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

My 15 Minutes of Fame

My blog post on Hypercalvinism drew the attention of none other than TurretinFan. He wrote about my blog on his blog. He did not agree with everything I said, but thought I did well on the whole. You can read his comments here ....

http://turretinfan.blogspot.com/2009/09/defining-hyper-calvinism.html

His blog teaches us these important lessons. First, in looking for the truth of a matter, it is best to do in a manner befitting our high profession of faith and without the mindset of "getting the guy" who might be wrong. And second, that no matter how much we may get right, we rarely, if ever, get everything right. Therefore, we always have more to learn.

May God continue to raise up Christians who love peace and the truth above their pet theological systems, no matter how good (or bad) that system may be.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Useful piece

1:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home