Ministerial Meanderings

God centered theology in a man centered world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Springfield, Missouri, United States

I was born in Washington D.C. and raised in Laurel, Maryland. I served in the United States Air Force for 20 years then retired. Then God led me to become a pastor. I was converted to Christ in the summer of 1966. I enjoy the company of my wife, children and grandchildren. I live with my three cats Taz.

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Some Odds and Ends

This is just a post for catching up on a few things.

Boy! God is good! Last month my computer caught a virus and ate itself. I will tell you nothing worked anymore. It was a mess. I had one word processing program that worked when I could the computer to come on far enough to call up that program. Finally, I had to just pull the plug. A friend of mine from a voice chat area on the Internet called another friend of mine and told him of my problem. My other friend immediately volunteered to to send me another computer. Now friends, I have a complete flat screen moniter, a wireless keyboard and mouse, and a computer that is more powerful than anything I have ever owned before> I thanked both my friends profusely, but they both give the glory to God, and so shall I.

My granddaughter Naomi is coming up on her 10 month birthday. My daughter Hannah sent me some new pictures and I have to confess, in all humility, there is not a prettier girl in the world than my granddaughter (although I have a high opinion of her mother too). My son in law Josh is deploying to Afghanistan later this year and will be gone for 6 months. My daughter has indicated that she would like to stay with me and her mother for a while during the time Josh is gone.

My son Stephen has started looking hard at colleges now. Some that he is considering are Minot State University, Concordia University in Moorhead, MN, Northern Illinois University and Southwest Baptist University in Bolivar, MO. I am very proud of my son.

This past weekend, I had the opportunity to preach in Dubuque, Iowa. The church there received me warmly and were enthusiastic about the message that was preached. I preached on God from Isaiah's vision in chapter 6. I worried since I have been doing more teaching than preaching recently that I might have trouble recovering the gift. I did not need to worry. God came with power and blessed the message. I was honored to have been asked to be there.

If you are thinking about prayer while you are reading this ... pray for the staff of Victory Baptist Church of Springfield, MO. I have friends there and the devil is trying hard to get a foot in the door. Pray for God's presence to make itself powerfully known among the congregation there. Thanks in advance for your prayers.

I am working on reading right now "Chosen for Life" by Sam Storms, "The Future of Justification" by John Piper, and "Baptists: Vol. 1 Beginnings in England" by Tom Nettles.

That is about it for now. Until next time, may God go with you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home