Ministerial Meanderings

God centered theology in a man centered world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Springfield, Missouri, United States

I was born in Washington D.C. and raised in Laurel, Maryland. I served in the United States Air Force for 20 years then retired. Then God led me to become a pastor. I was converted to Christ in the summer of 1966. I enjoy the company of my wife, children and grandchildren. I live with my three cats Taz.

Sunday, September 16, 2007

I Stand Amazed

I have just seen pictures of my granddaughter. This is a common occurrence for many people, but not for me. You see, she was born (as I type these words) just under 20 hours ago. At 8:13 pm Central time, September 15th, 2007, Naomi Grace came into the world. And I stand amazed.

I am amazed that my daughter, whom I held in my hands for the first time not too many years ago it seems, is a mother. My daughter is a mother. Wow. How quickly our children grow up. I can remember back to little milestones in the lives of my own children ... they seemed like nothings at the time, but they are the memories we hang on to. There are so many of them now, and they passed by so quickly.

Now my daughter is grown. She has a husband and now a child of her own. I stand amazed.

And with the reality that my daughter is a mother, I am now a grandfather! My children have children. That really amazes me.

I stand amazed at the complexities of life. How wonderful this creation called 'man.' Even for my granddaughter to be alive, consider the billions of chemical, electrical, and other processes going on in her body every second. I was amazed when I held the lives of my own children in my hands and I marvelled at the wonderful works of God. Now, I marvel anew at this new addition to our family.

My God bless Naomi and her mother and father. Now, I will watch as my daughter raises her child to take her rightful place in the world, and as I watch, I stand amazed.

5 Comments:

Blogger Baptist Girl said...

Dear John,
I am so happy about your wonderful news. A grand daughter, wow I remember the first time I seen my grand daughter, I was there when she was born and I fell in love with this little one as soonthose big brown eyes looked into mine. She has been one of my greatest joys. I love her so much. Enjoy them now because just like ouir children they grow fast! *S*

Love Cristina

5:01 AM  
Blogger petee said...

A funny thing happen today. I was cleaning out my in box and saw your email with the link to this site on it. I clicked on it and about dropped the laptop. It seems just like yesterday that Hannah was starting in the youth group. Please tell her that the Petersen family wishes her and and the baby well.

I have tried to contact you over the last year but all I had was your old email address. This the second time I have tried your sites. I was surprised that the site came up and doubly surprise to read that you are a grandpa now.

congrats,

Mike

10:53 AM  
Blogger Jon L. Estes said...

John,
Congrats on the grandchild. Our first will turn three in Nov and the second will be birthed in Nov.

Clay - almost 3
Ava - kicking and waiting to take her first breath of God's awesome world. Coming to a hospital near her in November.

I do need you to contact me or reply to the e-mail I sent, if you are still using the same e-mail.

4:31 AM  
Blogger Jon L. Estes said...

Now that I posted, I just read where Mike posted also. It is he who I was seeking reference on.

Mike, If you know John and want to know about me, ask him...

Check your e-mail.

Friend of John's and partner in ministry.

Jon L. Estes

4:33 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Brother John,

Monday morning I say the announcement in the Minot paper. Congrats on your new family member. The first thing that came to mind was the words "Grandpa John". May our Lord and Savour continue to bless you and your family. Pass on our thought to Hannah and Joshua. It is amazing and in Gods plans for our children to grow and mature into parenthood. How is Aleta doing? Send me an email on how things are going, my email has not changed.

Neal

9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home