Ministerial Meanderings

God centered theology in a man centered world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Springfield, Missouri, United States

I was born in Washington D.C. and raised in Laurel, Maryland. I served in the United States Air Force for 20 years then retired. Then God led me to become a pastor. I was converted to Christ in the summer of 1966. I enjoy the company of my wife, children and grandchildren. I live with my three cats Taz.

Friday, March 14, 2008

From John MacArthur ...


Most people lack true repentance. They lack the true contrition, the true brokenness. They are void of urgent desperation. They don’t have a true relationship to Jesus Christ. They just "hang around" Jesus… And they do not know what it means to bow to that which is eternal. To be concerned about that.
They want a gospel that doesn’t ask for repentance. They want a gospel that has no threats. They want a gospel that allows them to have some superficial attachment to Jesus, but not a bowing to His absolute sovereignty at any cost. They want a gospel that fixes them in this world to make them more comfortable. That’s not it. And that’s not what Jesus offers.


I found this on another blog and, to me, there is a lot to think about here.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Semper, great quote, but so sad.

7:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home