Ministerial Meanderings

God centered theology in a man centered world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Springfield, Missouri, United States

I was born in Washington D.C. and raised in Laurel, Maryland. I served in the United States Air Force for 20 years then retired. Then God led me to become a pastor. I was converted to Christ in the summer of 1966. I enjoy the company of my wife, children and grandchildren. I live with my three cats Taz.

Thursday, February 05, 2009

Where Am I?

Things have been crazy around here. last week I had the flu. It was a good reminder of why I hate being sick. This coming Saturday, the day after tomorrow, I am moving to Springfield, Missouri to take up my new pastorate at Victory Baptist Church of Springfield. So, I have been packing up my house this week. Usually, I have people who do this for me and now I am having to do it for myself. Now I know I hate moving as much as I hate being sick.

I told my wife we aren't moving again, except under one condition. If I am at home one evening, perhaps reading over the latest Piper book or a treatise of Jonathan Edwards, and I get a phone call, and one of the elders at the Metropolitan Tabernacle in London England is on the line telling me they need a pastor and they want me to come right away ... I will move. But only under those circumstances.

Now it is back to work. I will blog again from the other end.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

PRAYING FOR YOU. I found when I move, I can get rid of some stuff, I don't use.
Bro. Paul Foltz

7:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are really looking forward to your arrival. Please don't make any plans to move to London. I can't lead a church by myself, at least not yet.

7:03 PM  
Blogger John said...

Brother Jeff,

Not to worry, I won't leave you till you're fully prepared (my young padewon). I think I have a greater chance of being elected President than I do of pastoring the Tabernacle.

Brother Paul ... the prayers are much coveted and greatly appreciated.

Pastor John

7:53 PM  
Blogger Baptist Girl said...

Hi John,
My prayers are with you as you pastor your new church. I'm sure they will be blessed by you.

Cristina

4:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home